Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Reddit Challenge - Rainbow

I've wanted to do a rainbow water marble for a while, so I thought this was the perfect opportunity.
Except, I didn't want to do it on every finger. I thought, why not do water marble tips?

A few tries and lots of nail polish remover later ...

046 Rainbow Marble 52R

2 coats OPI Black Onyx on each finger, except my ring finger. Then I taped off the tip and painted on a coat of Zoya White.
2 coats Zoya White on my ring finger.

Water marble: 
1 drop Zoya White, 
1 drop Wet'n'Wild Red, 
1 drop Sally Hansen Sun Kissed
1 drop Sally Hansen Mellow Yellow
1 drop Claire's Scented Lime
1 drop Ardene's Electrified
1 drop Essence Break Through

Swirl and dip!

For my ring fingers, I taped off around the edge of my nail to help cleanup and dipped the whole thing.

While my other fingers were still taped from the white, I dipped them 2 fingers at a time (to save time and polish). I did my index and middle finger, then my thumb and pinkie. 
I did not wrap the tape all the way around, so there was a LOT of clean up on those ones.
The photo shows some spots that I missed on cleanup - darn it - there was nail polish all over my hands.

I think it looks really neat! I don't think I'd do it again with that many colours, but if I was to do a water marble with 3 or 4 colours, just doing the tips would work really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment