Wednesday, June 13, 2012

52 Week Challenge - Flag Manicure

Thank Mom - I don't know why I didn't think of this flag myself!

Yarr!

*ahem*

017 Flag Manicure 52


I picked up a new basecoat to see how it works - Quo by ORLY Strong Bond, a "rubberized" basecoat. It's supposed to help prevent the polish from chipping.

2 coats of OPI Black Onyx

Then ...I just so happened to have a stamp plate with a version of the Jolly Roger on it.

This specific Jolly Roger (a skull and two crossed swords) was flown by English pirate Calico Jack Rackham. It was also featured in the Pirates of the Caribbean films as Captain Barbossa's flag.
(What's really sad, is that when I saw the plate, I knew it was Calico Jack's Jolly Roger, because I'm a little bit of a pirate nerd.)

The stamp is the centre image on Shany plate SH14. I stamped it onto my thumb, middle and pinky fingers using OPI Skull and Glossbones (yep, I couldn't resist).

Topped it off with OPI topcoat.

I'm still getting the hang of stamping, so of course the last one turned out best (my pinky in this photo). I've learned that the key with stamping is to be quick!

Next week's challenge is a Pride / Rainbow manicure

No comments:

Post a Comment