Friday, May 11, 2012

52 Week Nail Challenge - Floral Manicure

I was trying to figure out what to do with this one - I'm not a very girly person, so flowers are not something I'd normally put on my nails.

I decided to go with something subtle, in colours I wouldn't mind:

011 Floral French 52

1 coat OPI Fireflies - I love the shimmer on this one. It was actually my first OPI polish :)

Then I taped my nails and used OPI Stranger Tides, a beautiful pale grey-green creme, to give myself french tips.
For the tape, I just used regular scotch tape - I stuck it to the back of my hand and peeled it off (to reduce the stickyness a bit), and then cut each piece into 3 thin strips. No need to buy nail guides!

Once that was all dry, I used Sally Hansen Pink Blink and painted a blob on the outer corner of each of my thumb nails.
After that dried, I used my Claire's neon pink detail brush and painted on a few lines to turn the blobs into roses.
To finish it off, I used Sinful Colors Show Me the Way to make little leaves for the roses.

Topped it off with OPI topcoat, and voila!

Next week's challenge is a "Bows Mani"



One of my co-workers and I wanted to get some nail stamping kits - we figured we would order a couple off of Amazon.com and then split them. Unfortunately, the vast majority of them won't ship to Canada, so we were a bit discouraged.
We were discussing nail stuff with another manicure buddy co-worker, who shared that she has a US P.O. box and said we could use it anytime we wanted!
So, we ordered this set by Cheeky, and this set by Shany. We also ordered a couple stamper/scraper sets from Cheeky.

Then, since it was my birthday, my mom gave me some money to cover my half of the order above, and so I could order the Bundle Monster set as well! (they ship to Canada, thankfully!)

I got the Bundle monster ones today, and the other two are at the P.O. box awaiting pickup. We'll be getting them in the next week or two.

I can't wait to try them!

^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment