Tuesday, April 3, 2012

copper newspaper mani

I had to take a bit of a break after some nail trauma, and after this manicure, I'll probably take a bit of a break again, just because so many of my nails are peeling :(

I was going to a convention, and was planning on wearing a steampunk themed outfit. I figured I should have nails that went with it.
I did the manicure on Friday, but took the photo this morning. It's held up really well.

005 copper newspaper

This time, I used Revlon's quick dry basecoat.

For most of my nails, I used OPI "Skull and Glossbones" - 2 coats.
Once that was very thoroughly dry, I moved on to the newspaper - one nail at a time.
Dip the nail in rubbing alcohol, then lightly press a piece of newspaper on it. A lot of tutorials say to hold it there for 30 seconds, but I got a decent print after only a couple of seconds. To be fair, I was using the paper that was delivered that morning - maybe if it's older, you need to hold it longer. I also found the wetter the nail was (with the alcohol), the better the newsprint transferred.
I messed one nail up because I hadn't let the polish dry long enough, so I had to redo it.
Once it was all done, I topped it off with GOSH matte topcoat.

My ring finger I just did with Wet n Wild Craze in "Rustic", topped off with OPI's topcoat.

fun!

1 comment: